Saturday 6 July 2013

rx problem...

I know this isn't coupon related, but I was hoping someone else may have dealt with this and have some advice on how to fix it.My daughter is on several meds. One med in particular is giving us problems at checkout. We have 2 insurances. We were told the first time we filled it that the primary wasn't covering it and the secondary required prior authorization from the Dr due to her age.After 5 months of calling the Dr's office and both insurance companies, we find out that the primary has been paying $139 of the $159 cost of this med all along. The secondary was only being asked for the $20, but since they still see the primary not covering the med, they will not cover it. I have spoken to the pharmacist, my insurance company spoke with the pharmacist, and I am now trying to call their helpdesk line, trying to get this resolved. All I keep hearing back is that they are processing them correctly, but they are still showing incorrectly.My pharmacist told me all he can say is I will have to a) pay the $20 and file for reimbursement each month, b) pay the $20 and let it go or c) try a different pharmacy. (He wasn't coming across as mean or anything, we have known him for about 10 yrs, he was just being honest w/me that he was unable to get any help w/this.)Like I said, I know this isn't coupon related, but it is CVS related and saving money related. (Actually it may be related, since keeping this rx at CVS will help me earn pharmacy ECB rewards.)Any advice? I would like to stay w/CVS since they are so close (across the street, actually!) and I really don't want to split up her meds between pharmacies. Also there are 24 hr locations within an hour from us, and one is right up the street from our hospitals after hours clinic that we use when our Dr is closed.So I would love to hear from anyone else who may know how to fix this issue or have some more insight as to what is causing it.

View the original article here

No comments:

Post a Comment